First Tee – Lake County host a golf hit-a-thon. Our goals are to have 150 hitters and to raise $15,000. The funds generated will directly benefit First Tee – Lake County’s programs and ensure that our fees remain affordable.
Every dollar raised will help ensure our registration fees remain affordable, that we can continue to hire qualified coaches, and that programs such as our LPGA-USGA Girls Golf Initiative, our Junior Advisory Council, and our National School Program are offered to more children each year.
Online Fundraising Platform
To make collecting pledges easier than ever we have enlisted the services of Just Giving. Each player will have their own personal pledge page. You will receive an email invite to your page or you may visit https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising-page/creation/?campaignShortName=tftlakecounty2019. By using JustGiving you can reach friends and family across the world via email and social media. The site also allows your sponsors to pledge via credit card using a secure site! Feel free to collect checks/cash using the log sheet provided. Checks may also be mailed to 901-129th Street, Hammond, IN 46324
What to do Next
Just follow the steps below to create your page for a charity:
- Log into your account and click ‘Start Fundraising’.
- When asked ‘Are you fundraising for a registered charity?’ select ‘Yes, continue’.
- Search for the cause you want to support. If they’re not listed, nominate them to join and we’ll drop them an email with instructions on how to sign up.
- Let us know whether you’re taking part in an event, celebrating an occasion, fundraising in memory or doing your own thing.
- If you can’t see your event listed, select ‘Add your own’ at the bottom of the page and tell us a bit more about your activity.
- Choose your web address – this is the link you’ll be sharing with friends and family when asking them to donate.
- Tick ‘Yes’ if you’re running a bake sale, or selling tickets to an event, raffle or auction. Donations to your Page won’t be eligible for Gift Aid. Find out more here.
- Click ‘Create your page’. Job done! Your Fundraising Page is now set up and ready to accept donations. We’ll send the money that you raise to your charity. Now you can start on the fun stuff – personalizing your page and sharing it with friends and family. You can even create your own team!
To make your fundraising campaign as successful as possible take these steps:
● Send emails to 10 of your closest friends and family right away!
● Make your donation immediately. This will encourage others to donate as well.
● Post to Facebook and Twitter (adding a picture or video message will really help)
How it Works
Each participant is encouraged to solicit donations from family and friends. For every $1 (one dollar) raised the participant will hit one ball. (Please note that some participants may require assistance in hitting all of their pledged balls.)
We have some great prizes lined up! There are several ways to earn prizes including:
● The player who raises the most money!
● The top fundraisers in each division!
For questions regarding the Hit-a-Thon please contact Tiffani English or Kaitlyn Hayes at (219)228-2528 or via email at info@TheFirstTeeLakeCounty.org. We encourage everyone to participate in this event Thank you for your support and we hope to see you on the range on Saturday, September 25th, beginning at noon at Lost Marsh Golf Course. Thank you for your support of the children of Lake County!